Service, Market, Client Spotlight
PriceWatch: Working for You
The Edge Insights PriceWatch Program is exclusive to Edge Insights and only our clients are receiving this valuable, no-fee service. As an Energy Procurement client, you are automatically placed into the PriceWatch Program for the on-going monitoring and management of your energy contract. Simply put, PriceWatch monitors electric and natural gas commodity prices and alerts Edge Insights when favorable conditions exist to enter its clients into energy supply contracts that meet unique financial and budgetary goals. As a PriceWatch client, your unique energy consumption requirements and tolerance for exposure to market volatility are considered.What do we mean by your unique energy consumption? PriceWatch is client specific. We recognize that no two clients are alike and there are many variables to consider when monitoring your account.
- We monitor:
- Your Energy Market Exposure Rating – A unique score based on your proprietary set of criteria including energy budgets, bottom line, planning horizon and risk.
- Your annual energy consumption.
- Your projected changes in energy consumption (i.e. reductions through energy conservation projects or increases driven by expansion and business growth).
- Your Public Utility Commission (PUC) utility tariff class.
- Your current contracted alternate energy supply price.
Part of what has made Edge Insights successful for over 20 years is that we offer our clients peace of mind. Through our PriceWatch Program your account is being examined by industry experts regularly. If you’d like more information about the PriceWatch Program, contact Edge Insights today.
Telecom Industry Update
Have you heard the buzzword SIP from telecom providers? You may be wondering if this technology is right for your business. As your telecommunications experts, our goal is to educate you on current markets and technologies that will add value to your business. Read on to learn about SIP.What is SIP?
Simply put, it’s a method for voice traffic to travel from point A to point B over an Internet Protocol (IP) Network in real time. IP networks have traditionally been used to transmit data, which is broken down into “packets”, rather than the continuous flow required for telephone conversations. If the data packets are reassembled quickly at the destination new screens pop up immediately. If the data packets are reassembled slowly at the destination you may see screen painting where text and data pop up in pieces. This would be unacceptable for voice conversations. SIP technology has evolved and improved over the years to the point where, today, voice over IP networks is reliable and high quality.You may already be using SIP
Major carriers have been converting their main circuits to SIP for years. The benefit of SIP is it replaces traditional copper lines with fiber optic lines. Although copper lines traditionally have been very reliable, they are rapidly aging and becoming more unreliable. The exponential growth in demand for data communications has driven investment by service providers in building their fiber optic networks. These networks can now reliably support both voice and data which make them profitable for the service providers and a greater value to business and residential customers.Why you should embrace SIP
You should be considering SIP for its value, quality, and reliability. The value comes from having fewer circuits by combining voice and data traffic. Additionally, traditional copper lines are subject to a number of taxes and surcharges that drives up cost 25% over the monthly recurring charges. SIP is not tarriffed in the same manner, therefore taxes and surcharges are typically no more than 10% of the monthly recurring charges. The quality and reliability are a result of the evolution of technology and recent carrier investments in the infrastructure.Should you make the switch to SIP?
SIP gives customers the ability to utilize that single IP network connection to deliver their data and voice telephone service. Switching to SIP for your voice traffic may have an impact on your telephone system. Edge Insights can help you evaluate the costs and options of making the switch.
- When evaluating if SIP is right for your business, consider:
- SIP can add features and functions not easily delivered over traditional copper lines (i.e. call forwarding, caller ID, unlimited local and/or long distance service, voice mail, and disaster recovery).
- Not all carriers are the same in this arena, some will provide amazing value where others are providing not much more than what you are currently accustomed to. Seeking out a reliable carrier is vital to ensuring the transition is smooth and voice quality is as good as or better than what you are currently utilizing.
UtiliTech has experts in-house to conduct a free evaluation of your telecommunications service. To understand if SIP is right for your company, reach out to Edge Insights for a free consultation at 610-777-3200 or email us at Savings_Info@Edgeinsights.com.
Fairfield Medical Center
With several outpatient facilities and a large hospital, Fairfield Medical Center asked Edge Insights to analyze and audit its telecommunications and electricity usage. Located in Lancaster, Ohio, Fairfield Medical Center serves more than 250,000 residents in Fairfield, Perry, Hocking and Athens counties and employs more than 2,000 healthcare professionals. The 222-bed, nonprofit hospital has been providing full-service, general acute health services since 1948.
- Telecommunications results: Estimated cost reductions of 20% and a refund of over $10,000 identified.
- Electricity results: 15% reduction in annual electric expenses.